Monday, September 15, 2008

Screen Capture


This is a screen capture of a term paper I did last year on the influence of the Germanic tribes on the downfall of the Roman Empire. I spent a few months doing research on it, investing a decent size chunk of my life in learning all I could about the subject. The screen capture is just a window into the hard work and time put into a paper such as this. It brings to the surface memories of long hours and a satisfying payoff at the end when the work was complete. It also shows the simple space I like to maintain when working on a project such as this. I tend to avoid distractions on the computer such as AIM or computer games, etc. When composing in a digital space, the entire dynamic of the process changes. A digital space allows you to access millions of resources with the click of a button. Changes can be made to your document with minimal effort, allowing drastic content overhauls to be made quite easily. Digital composing processes can be understood better by taking the time to sit down and explore the digital writing process thoroughly. Taking courses in digital composition can also lead to a better understanding of the process.

3 comments:

tonyae1989 said...

interesting, i have never spent a couple month on a specific paper, I think I have to start spending more time in papers then again i do tend to procrastinate on papers. anyways interesting blog.

Vanessa said...

I have to agree with tonyae1989 I too dont think ive spent soo much time on a paper. i bet it was a good one since you spent so much time on it.

Jordan Lapetz said...

three.....